Yep, this is the one. My 500th. Appropriate for a new year and a new decade, no?
There are no words, truly, to express how my life has morphed and grown and changed in the 2 1/2 years since I started this blog. I want to thank Betsy (aka Fuse #8) for harassing me endlessly about blogging - I probably wouldn't have done it without her nudging. I also want to especially thank all of you who take a moment to comment on my posts - it's always wonderful to meet you and hear from you, and it's always a relief when one more person reminds me I'm not alone in the 'sphere.
Here are some highlights from the last 499 posts:
Favorite posts -
- Food as Memory Trigger
- Kitchen Dance review
- A Day of Loss (I miss you, Kate and Kathy!)
- Madame Pamplemousse and Her Incredible Edibles review
- Meeting Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg
- My Favorite French Things
- This Week's Menu: Food as Life
- Bacon Fat Shortbread Cookies
- Losing gallbladder = losing weight
Favorite "Eat, drink, and... -
- Eat, drink, and read - all at the same time
- Eat, drink, and go out and smash it. Like, oh my god.
- Eat, drink, and get by with a little help from my friends.
- Eat, drink, and persevere in the kitchen!
- Eat, drink, and if you don't succeed, try again.
- Eat, drink, and always have bread available to soak up meat juices!
- Eat, drink, and use declarative sentences.
I apologize for not being more eloquent but I'm feeling truly sentimental and nostalgic by this anniversary - I'm at a loss for words. My cup runneth over. It's been a joyous and challenging and fulfilling journey and I look forward to 500 more posts!
Eat, drink, and...
I would love it if you would fill in the blank! Post a comment about what you eat, drink, and...!