- PBS Parents has started a children's literature blog: Booklights. All there really is to say about that is it's about time. On a side note, a fellow member of the ALSC committee I'm on is one of the bloggers: Susan Kusel also blogs at Wizards Wireless. Thanks to Chicken Spaghetti for the info.
- Can't get a rezzie at Babbo? Cooked Books has the info on how you can recreate their dishes at home. I'm thinking of trying the Two-Minute Calamari Sicilian Lifeguard Style.
- 7th Annual Grilled Cheese Invitational. Need I say more?
- New York Public Library is having another literary cafe this weekend: Fantasy in New York. It's on May 2nd at 2:00 p.m. at the new 42nd St. library. Once again, I will have to miss it - I haven't been to one yet! But check it out - there's a great line-up of authors: Katherine Marsh, Kirsten Miller, and Delia Sherman.
- Books of Wonder has a ton of events going on - in particular, I would love to see Kristin Cashore and Melissa Marr on Saturday, May 30th from 1-3 p.m. I might stop by and say hi (hi Kristin!). Also, this weekend - Sunday, May 3rd from 1-3 p.m. - there is a veritable who's who of picture book/graphic novel authors/illustrators: Peter Brown, Jason Chin, Shaun Tan, and Harry Bliss. WOW. In particular, I'd love to meet Jason Chin - I just received a review copy of Redwoods yesterday, and I now see what all the buzz-buzz is about.
- For all you baking type people, I'm hooking you up - again - with a recipe: Maple Walnut White Chocolate Chip Cookies. You're welcome.
In other news, I realized that yesterday's post was my 400th. Yowza! Just thinking about it makes me exhausted. And in six weeks from yesterday, I'll be starting culinary school. And in four weeks from tomorrow, I'll be on the SLJ Day of Dialog panel. All I need now is to get appointed to an awards committee and my life would officially be my bizarro life.
Eat, drink, and just go with the flow.